In this episode I talk about combative engagement the do’s and donts
I begin speaking about the time it takes for martial mastery, compared
to the relative small amount of time it takes to learn self protection.
- Do be prepared for the consequences of defending yourself, once you’ve made the choice to fight the possibility exists you may be forced to kill your opponent.
- Do be aware regardless of your training there are no guarentees you want be the victim.
- Don’t stop til you’ve finished the job, be sure you can get to safety.
- Don’t be coaxed into proving yourself or your techniques to others…you have nothing to prove to anyone
Essential Components Of Self-Defense
- Stay Close-you must be close to strike your opponent
- Grab & Hold On-this makes it difficult to push or throw you off balance
- Base Out- drop your weight for stability and balance
- Breath-when startled or frightened adrenalin over-load causes us to hold our breath
Weekly Training Video
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)